TOOLS ACTIVITIES ANSWERS
1 What measurement devices are used in an engineering
your answer describe their use
- Rule or tape measure
- measure accurately being careful that a worn stop on a tape can
give an inaccurate measurement.
- Combination square - used to mark angles
- Dividers- used to mark or scribe arcs
or segments of circles.
- Vernier gauge -used to measure thickness
No 2 Identify the hand tools you would use to accurately
mark out a component
- Tape or ruler
- chalk or chalk lines,
- scribes, punches,
- combination square.
No 3 How would you strip, inspect and reassemble a Jabsco pump
- Check that pump is isolated and not
- Remove end cover screws and end cover.
- Carefully remove gasket.
- Remove neoprene impellor, remove seal
- Check body of pump, shaft,inlets and outlets for
foreign materials and wear. Clean all parts replacing damaged or worn where
- Reassemble using the recommended lubricant.
- Seal, cam, impellor,gasket and end cover.
- Tighten end cover screws and make sure
that the pump rotates.
- Test run.