1. Match the symbols with the description:
1 . v 4. Type of abrasive
2. 46 5. Grade of bond
3. BE 6. Structure
4. 38A 1. Type of bond
5. K 3. Bond variation
6. 5 2. Size of abrasive grain
2. What answer best completes the statement best in three of the following:
A ringing sound produced when a suspended abrasive wheel is struck lightly with a wooden handle indicates that the wheel:
a. Is faulty
c. Has an open structure
d. Is aluminium oxide
e. Has a fine grit size
3. The first thing to do when changing the abrasive wheel on a grinding machine is to:
a. Remove the guard
b. Move the work rest clear
c. Check the wheel specifications
d. Check the spindle direction
4. To sharpen a hard cutting tool to a fine smooth edge which abrasive wheel is used.
a. ( ) Coarse grit and soft bond?
c. ( ) Open structure and coarse grit?
e. ( ) Hard bond and close structure?
5. Complete the following statement:
When an abrasive wheel is correctly mounted on the spindle of a grinding machine, the wheel should be separated from the flanges by: