NAVIGATION-QUICK QUIZ 4 NAME:
Explain the symbols at the following positions on the chartlet AUS 197 extract.
1. What is the variation off Port Jackson for 1994?
2. Explain the light sequence of Macquarie Light.
4. You are approaching Port Jackson right on the directional leading lights og 294ºT and your steering compass reads 291º C. Use a variation of 13.0º E
What would be the deviation?
What would be the error?
If the deviation you calculated was different from the vessels deviation card give two reasons why this might occur and what would you do about it?
5. What would be the charted depth if the Port Jackson leading lights were in line and Ben Buckler headland bore 255°M
6. Why would the reading on your depth sounder be different to the charted depth?
Ranger Hope © 2008